Skip to Main Content
Best Bets for Communication Studies
Communication Source This link opens in a new window
The largest collection of communication and mass media journals. Some full text.
Google Scholar can be a useful search tool, because you can search the full text of articles. Use it for these purposes:
- Locate articles when you feel stuck
- Identify a useful article, and bring it back to Communication Source (etc.), to see how it's described
- You might find usable subject terms, to help you find similar articles.
- A useful article can also give you an author to look up in Communication Source.
- Bring an article to Google Scholar from Clark Library databases, to find newer articles that cite it. See the Chain of Research page for details.
- Search within citing articles to make sure the newer articles are relevant.
Remember to check with your professor before you use articles from other fields/disciplines/journals.
APA PsycInfo This link opens in a new window
Psychology and behavioral science journals, books, conference papers, and more. Some full text. 1887-
Business Source Premier This link opens in a new window
Business journals and magazines, as well as company, industry, country, and market research reports. Some full text. 1922-
ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) This link opens in a new window
Leading resource for education. Some full text. 1966-
FIAF International Index to Film Periodicals Database This link opens in a new window
Film and media studies, theory and history – journal articles, books, etc. (1972-current)
SocINDEX with Full Text This link opens in a new window
Sociology and related disciplines, including social work and criminal justice. Some full text. 1895-
SPORTDiscus This link opens in a new window
Sport, fitness, and physical education journal articles and books. Some full text. 1800-
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798
Copyright © University of Portland, All Rights Reserved | Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com