Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Best Bet: Google Scholar
Google Scholar (GS) is Clark Library's main way to determine how many times a work has been cited. Keep in mind:
- GS includes some non-scholarly citations.
- It is not clear exactly which scholarly resources are included in GS.
- GS does not perform well for older publications.
- GS is a beta product and may change at any time.
- GS may find the same citing work more than once and count them more than once in its total.
Looking at your "Oldest Available Research" citation in Google Scholar, check if the author(s) name is hyperlinked to a profile.
- How many articles has the author published?
- How many of these are on the same topic?
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798
© 2020 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved | Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com