Skip to Main Content
Accessing Bloomberg Tax
Note: one account accesses both Bloomberg Tax and Bloomberg Financial Accounting.
Users with Bloomberg accounts, use this link
To set up a Bloomberg account:
Option #1: Online
- You must be on campus or on a Virtual Machine, AKA Virtual Desktop.
- Go to the Bloomberg Registration Form
- On the form, enter your first and last name
- Enter your University of Portland email address
You will not be automatically registered. Your information has to be sent to Bloomberg so that it can be entered into their system.
You will receive an email when you have been registered.
Option #2: Phone
- Call 1-800-372-1033, option 3
Option #3: Email
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your University of Portland email address
Searching Bloomberg Tax by Topic
- Type keywords in the Federal search box.
- Choose Advanced Search
- Choose your search type: Secondary and/or Primary Sources
- Enter search terms (Turn off Include all Word Variations)
- Search with words or put quote marks around words to create phrases
Connect words with
- and, or, not
- proximity indicators:
- N/x (unordered proximity, where "x" is the number of words between your search terms)
- s/ (proximity within a sentence)
- p/ (proximity within a paragraph),
- Select the Info button on the search box to see more connectors.
Bloomberg Tax Restrictions and Availability
Use of the Clark Library's Bloomberg subscriptions (Tax and Financial Accounting) is restricted to 100 current UP students, faculty and staff and is limited to academic research, teaching and publication purposes only.
Bloomberg Tax is available from on campus or off campus. However, you must create an account on-campus or on a UP virtual machine to use it, and renew the account every six months. Your access will automatically discontinue for the Spring semester on June 30th and for the Fall semester on December 31st.
Searching Bloomberg Tax by Citation
- Type a citation in the Federal search box.
- Select Go To Document or Search All Tax Content.
- Depending on the choice above, you will see the document or a list of content that includes the citation.
If you need assistance using Bloomberg databases, please reach out to Bloomberg's 24/7 Help Desk at (833) 697-9559.
For other assistance, please contact Reference/Instruction Librarian Heidi Senior: email@example.com | (503) 943-8037.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798
Copyright © University of Portland, All Rights Reserved | Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com