Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use Restrictions and Availability
Use of SciFinder or SciFinder-n is restricted to current UP students, faculty and staff and is limited to academic research, teaching and publication purposes only.
SciFinder is available from on campus or off campus. However, a onetime registration is required before you can use it.
Questions about using SciFinder or SciFinder-n can be directed to Diane Sotak, Liaison Librarian for Chemistry.
Pro Tips for SciFinder
- Make sure pop-ups are enabled to see the options for connecting to full text. If your browser is blocking them, you will have trouble downloading PDFs and connecting to the UP catalog. (Short "how to" videos: Firefox | Chrome)
- Once you find an article in SciFinder, choose "Link to Other Sources" to connect to the article or to a place where you can request the article if UP doesn't have access.
- If you are exploring reactions and not finding the one you want, try assigning "any role" to the chemicals in the reaction instead of assigning a specific role.
- If you are exploring substances using the draw editor and are told that your structure contains fragments, zoom out and make sure you don't have any stray atoms or molecules lingering apart from your structure.
- More info on using SciFinder Scholar
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798
© 2020 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved | Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com