Skip to main content
Getting Articles Overview
To get full text articles from the library:
- Search one of the library's databases for your subject area (use A-Z Databases or Subject & Course Guides to find the best resource to search)
- Many library databases provide immediate access to full text; look for links to PDF Full Text or Linked Full Text.
- If immediate access to full text is not available, use the Get it @ UP link to see if access to the full text may be available via a different online resource, or to request a copy of the article via Interlibrary Loan (UP ILLiad).
Finding Full Text from a Database
Many citations provide immediate links to the Full Text of the article.
Get it @ UP
If full text is not immediately available, use the Get it @ UP link to see if the article has online access to the article from another company, or to request a copy of the article from another library.
The Get it @ UP link connects to the following screen where you can see if the full text is available, or find a link to request a copy if it is not:
More Info About Requesting Articles
After requesting an article via UP ILLiad:
- You will receive an email from email@example.com when the items are available for you online.
- Article requests take 3 days on average.
- The email will include a link to your UP ILLiad account, where you can view and download PDFs of the items you requested.
- Articles will remain in your UP ILLiad account for 30 days.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798 | © 2017 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved