Skip to main content
Getting Articles Overview
To get full text articles from the library:
- Search one of the library's databases for your subject area (use A-Z Databases or Subject & Course Guides to find the best resource to search)
- Many library databases provide immediate access to full text; look for links to PDF Full Text or Linked Full Text.
- If immediate access to full text is not available, use the Get it @ UP link to see if access to the full text may be available via a different online resource, or to request a copy of the article via Interlibrary Loan (UP ILLiad).
Creating Your UP ILLiad Account
The first time you log in to UP ILLiad, you will be see a New User Registration form, which should already be filled out with your contact information. Choose Submit Information on this page to create your account.
More Info About Requesting Articles
After requesting an article from UP ILLiad:
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when the items are available for you online.
- Article requests take 3 days on average.
- The email will include a link to your UP ILLiad account, where you can view and download PDFs of the items you requested.
- Articles will remain in your UP ILLiad account for 30 days.
Finding Full Text from a Database
Many citations provide immediate links to the Full Text of the article.
Get it @ UP
If full text is not immediately available, use the Get it @ UP link to see if the article has online access to the article from another company, or to request a copy of the article from another library.
The Get it @ UP link connects to the following screen where you can see if the full text is available, or find a link to request a copy if it is not:
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798 | © 2017 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved