Skip to main content
Getting Books Overview
Clark Library will mail books from our collection to any distance education student. To get books from Clark Library:
- Locate a book that you wish to request via UP Library Search.
- Request the book from Interlibrary Loan (UP ILLiad).
- The book will be mailed to you free of charge; you are responsible for the return postage (a shipping label will be provided).
- You might be able to obtain books more quickly and cheaply through local libraries; check out the "Additional Options" pages for more information.
Finding Books to Request
Use UP Library Search to find eBooks, eVideos, books, and articles available through the Clark Library. Important! Log into your library account for full access to online resources.
When you find a book that you would like to request:
- Go to UP ILLiad and login with your UP network username and password.
- Choose the Book form.
- Enter the information about the book that you would like to request.
Books will be shipped via Priority U.S. mail (3 days shipping time). Canadian students will receive books via FedEx International Economy, in about 3-5 days.
You are responsible for return postage and should use the U.S. (or Canadian) mail to send back books. Priority mail averages 3 days; parcel post takes 4-7 days. You are responsible for prompt return of borrowed books.
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798 | © 2020 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved