Skip to Main Content
Getting Articles Overview
To get full text articles from the library:
- Search one of the library's databases for your subject area (use A-Z Databases or Subject & Course Guides to find the best resource to search)
- Many library databases provide immediate access to full text; look for links to PDF Full Text or Linked Full Text.
- If immediate access to full text is not available, use the Get it @ UP link to see if access to the full text may be available via a different online resource, or to request a copy of the article via Interlibrary Loan (UP ILLiad).
More Info About Requesting Articles
After requesting an article from UP ILLiad:
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when the items are available for you online.
- Article requests take 3 days on average.
- The email will include a link to your UP ILLiad account, where you can view and download PDFs of the items you requested.
- Articles will remain in your UP ILLiad account for 30 days.
Finding Full Text from a Database
Many citations provide immediate links to the Full Text of the article.
Get it @ UP
If full text is not immediately available, use the Get it @ UP link to see if Clark Library has online access to the article, or to request a copy of the article from another library.
Choose the link next to Get it now to access the full text of the article. If no Get it now links are available, or if the link didn't connect to the full text, then choose the Request from Interlibrary Loan link to request a copy of the article.
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798
Copyright © University of Portland, All Rights Reserved | Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com