Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to Mendeley
After creating your own account, the home page of Mendeley looks like this:
- At the center of the Mendeley home screen is a search bar, where you can find articles within the Mendeley database.
- At the top-right corner of the home screen is a series of tabs that allow you to quickly access different parts of the platform. You can also access these tabs throughout Mendeley. The tabs are:
- The Search tab
- The Group tab
- The Library tab
- And a tab that links you to your profile page
Introduction to Mendeley
The Mendeley Library is where you can upload, access, and organize resources.
There are three main methods to upload new sources from the Mendeley Library page:
- Uploading an file already downloaded onto your computer
- Manually entering a citation of an article
- Importing citations from other citation managers (i.e. RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero) to your library.
Mendeley Web Importer is an extension for web browsers which helps you to add references to your library with full text PDFs.
After downloading the extension on your respective browser, whenever you find a resource you like, you can easily add it to your Mendeley Library. Here is what the web importer looks like when downloading a PDF article into your library:
You can also access a guide to the importer on Mendeley's website.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798
© 2020 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved | Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com