Skip to main content
About this Guide
Are you getting an error message when trying to access library resources from off-campus?
Use the tabs above to see troubleshooting tips for common error messages, try the suggested workarounds below, or contact us for assistance.
- Try a different browser (for example, if you are using Safari, try Google Chrome).
- Try logging into another UP resource, such as PilotsUP or Moodle. This may help to determine if the problem is with your UP username/password, or with access to library databases.
- Try to access a different database, to determine if the problem is only with 1 resource or access to any resource.
- Try adding the off-campus access prefix. Paste your URL into the Off-Campus Link Generator (below) to add this prefix to your link and try it again. For more information, see the Persistent Links to Library Resources guide.
- Try using a Virtual Desktop. Once you connect to the virtual desktop, you will be treated as if you are on-campus (so you shouldn't have to login to access library resources). See instructions for accessing the virtual desktop.
Off-Campus Link Generator
Use the Off-Campus Link Generator to get stable and sharable links to items within library databases for adding to Moodle or course syllabi.
Note: this link generator works by adding the off-campus prefix (https://login.ezproxy-eres.up.edu/login?url= ) to the beginning of the URL.
Please contact us and share the following information:
- Which resource you were trying to access, and where you found the link
- The text (or a screen capture) of the error message you are seeking
- Which browser you are using
24/7 Chat: Library Chat
Research Desk Phone: 503.943.7788 (1.800.841.8261 x7788)
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798 | © 2020 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved