Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About this Guide
Are you getting an error message when trying to access library resources from off-campus?
Use the tabs above to see troubleshooting tips for common error messages, try the suggested workarounds below, or contact us for assistance.
- Try a different browser (for example, if you are using Safari, try Google Chrome).
- Try logging into another UP resource, such as PilotsUP or Moodle. This may help to determine if the problem is with your UP username/password, or with access to library databases.
- Try to access a different database, to determine if the problem is only with 1 resource or access to any resource.
- Try adding the off-campus access prefix. Paste your URL into the Off-Campus Link Generator (below) to add this prefix to your link and try it again. For more information, see the Persistent Links to Library Resources guide.
- Try using a Virtual Desktop. Once you connect to the virtual desktop, you will be treated as if you are on-campus (so you shouldn't have to login to access library resources). See instructions for accessing the virtual desktop.
Off-Campus Link Generator
Use the Off-Campus Link Generator to get stable and sharable links to items within library databases for adding to Moodle or course syllabi.
Note: this link generator works by adding the off-campus prefix (https://login.ezproxy-eres.up.edu/login?url= ) to the beginning of the URL.
Please contact us and share the following information:
- Which resource you were trying to access, and where you found the link
- The text (or a screen capture) of the error message you are seeking
- Which browser you are using
24/7 Chat: Library Chat
Research Desk Phone: 503.943.7788 (1.800.841.8261 x7788)
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798 | © 2020 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved