1. Students will understand the strengths and weaknesses of searching a discovery system versus searching a discipline-specific database. .
2. Students will be able to construct a keyword search of library databases for nursing research..
3. Students will be able to recognize and utilize Get it @ UP links to obtain the full text of resources.
1. Students will be able to select relevant limiters for locating literature about a specific age group and to use those limiters to begin a literature search.
2. Students will be able to explain the advantages of using CINAHL Headings and other controlled vocabulary in their research.
3. Students will be able to identify primary and secondary literature in the CINAHL database.
4. Students will be able to locate a preformatted APA style article citation and to list the differences between it and a standard APA citation.
1. Students will be able to translate a PICO(T) question into a search strategy using subject headings found within search results.
2. Students will be able to apply database limiters to narrow their search results.
3. Students will be able to identify the most relevant search terms to search effectively for a nursing theory.
1. Students will be able to limit their searches to types of nursing literature (qualitative and quantitative primary research, systematic review, meta-analysis).
2. Students will be able to translate a PICO(T) question into a search strategy using the database thesaurus (CINAHL Headings, MeSH, ERIC descriptors, etc.)
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798 | © 2017 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved