1. Students will understand the strengths and weaknesses of searching a discovery system versus searching a discipline-specific database. .
2. Students will be able to construct a keyword search of library databases for nursing research..
3. Students will be able to recognize and utilize Get it @ UP links to obtain the full text of resources.
4. Students will be able to recognize differences between a standard APA journal reference and an APA journal reference provided by a library database.
1. Students will be able to identify databases other than CINAHL that could be useful for their literature search.
2. Students will be able to identify the basic structure of a research article.
3. Students will be able to evaluate a research article based on its structure, clarity, and coherence.
1. Students will be able to translate a PICO(T) question into a search strategy using subject headings found within search results.
2. Students will be able to apply database limiters to narrow their search results.
3. Students will be able to explain the advantages of using CINAHL Headings and other controlled vocabulary in their research.
email@example.com | 503.943.7111 or 800.841.8261 | 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798 | © 2020 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved